Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Crave Blessings



Today it’s raining in DC. I typically loathe the rain. A girl with naturally curly hair, humidity and moisture either make my hair very frizzy or resemble a red version of Shirley Temple. Although, I don’t like the physical aspects of the rain, the symbolism of rain is quite beautiful to me – it washes all the old away. 

So many times in life, I’ve wanted to just get one of those squeegees at the gas stations and wipe away the dust that clouts my vision and my mind. You see, it’s so easy to get bombarded by the everyday mundane things and miss out on the blessings. 

How sad is it that people miss out on beautiful blessings because they are fixated on the ordinary? I think of the fossil digs in grade school we all went on. On the outside, the dig would look like a typical sandbox. But, as soon as you put your shovel to work – you’d uncover sometimes unique relics.

I can tell you – that I want to take time and seek out the fossils. However, nothing special is acquired without hard work.  This has to be intentional. It’s deliberate to gather the equipment to uncover fossils and search for these unearthed treasures. 

In order to find blessings from God, we must make our journey to his throne room intentional. It’s vital to just read an entry in a devotional, listen to a Christian podcast or simply open your Bible and read a verse. Blessings cannot flow to a heart only seeking the mundane. Hunt for the extraordinary! Go on a heavenly fossil dig!

God is extraordinary – so why would he give you anything other than what is exceptional? You are his child – the apple of his eye. He longs for you to yearn for him in your everyday life. Crave the blessings of the spirit!. The Lord has promised – you will never hunger or thirst.

No comments:

Post a Comment