Friday, April 23, 2010

Catapulted Needs


Catapulted Needs
You catapult my deepest needs.
They elevate like sprouted seeds.
Blooming bright and ravishing,
My flower opens—soft, serene.
Elegant Lord, touch me with passion.
Splash me with water. Dress me in fashion.
You are the gardener, and I am the flora,
Dependent on you, my sweet aurora.
In resplendent colors, you light up the dawn.
With eyes open, I’m no longer withdrawn.
You opened the curtains to a life full of joy.
New mercies and blessings on me you employ.
Uproot me from the rocky soil.
Replant me with warm, wet oil.
Season me with rich, think spice.
Your true provision knows no price.
I will grow tall, like a mighty tree.
For you alone, I’ll bend my knee.
Purposeful Price, my flame you ignite.
I feel your power. You fuel me with light.
Kimberly Willingham

Isaiah 58:9-12
Then you will call, and the LORD will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
"If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday.
 The LORD will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment