Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Like an Indian dancing before a fire

Every time I sit down and write, I want to compose a masterpiece. I want to stir the hearts of others and provide them some type of muse that will inspire their day. It’s an absolute delight to me knowing that my words can impact another’s heart and bring them closer to the Lord. 

However, I realized that I never just sat down and wrote straight to my emotions what I am feeling at the moment. Though I know there is no audience for this blog, I feel it’s my turn to sit down and write my feelings. I am typically a happy person. My personality is the half glass full type. I gather joy in the morning sunrises and feel great appreciation for the beautiful hues of the sky when the sun sets. Life is a joyous experience to me. 

Though met with hardships, life is a gift – given by the supreme maker of all.For the majority of my life, my constant companion has been Christ. He is the father to the fatherless and the strength to the weak. He has been the rock beneath my feet and my lantern when the days grow dim and dreary. 

When you are young, it’s easy to grasp the concept of an invisible friend. It’s even easier to carry on a conversation with someone you can’t see. However, when you get older – this relationship becomes more and more difficult. We ask questions like, where is God and why can’t I see him? I know he’s promised me blessings, but why do I feel like the wicked are being rewarded and I’m getting the shaft? 

Questions like these have baffled me. I’ve pondered these thoughts – and felt sorry for myself. I’ve tried to brush them under the rug and act like they don’t exist. But, everyone knows that retreating from a situation or completely ignoring it does not make the problem go away. I’ve come to the conclusion that all I can cling to is the truth. The Lord has promised us countless things in the Bible. He has stated that he will never leave us or forsake us. He has called us the apple of his eye. He has stated that though mourning may last for a night – joy comes in the morning. 

I have had my fair share of hardships and failures. I have sulked in pity and self-absorbent ways – but this has not helped. All this does is add gasoline to the already blazing fire in my stomach. In the end all the matters is Christ. He will always remain my friend through thick and thin. 

I recently read a speech which talked about liberal ideology verses that of the conservative philosophy.  The speech stressed the ultimate difference between liberals and conservatives was that liberals associate themselves with groups, whereas, conservatives place emphasis in the individual. 

One of the most important things I’ve learned in my life is that my relationship with God is my own. It’s not my mothers or my fathers. It is my own intimate personal relationship. God talks to me and reveals his truth to me through his promises written in red. What he says to me is my charge. 

A warrior in God’s battle for truth, I will march always to the sound of his voice. It annoys me when I hear preacher’s make light of hearing God’s voice. You know, he may not speak like a siren in your ear – but sometimes it’s a little louder than you think. He moves in hearts, minds and souls. The Bible states that he comes to you in a small, quiet voice. Part of me thinks that true only if you’ve been quenching the spirit. I want God to speak to me always in a resounding gong like manner. I want to know his voice and walk in it. Like an Indian dancing before a fire, I want to dance before my God and reflect his glory through my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment