Friday, March 19, 2010

Jehovah Shalom

John 14:27
PEACE I leave with you; My PEACE I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have PEACE. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.

In Jesus there is peace everlasting. When turbulent storms made the disciples afraid on the Sea of Galilee, the Calmer reached out his hands and said, "Peace be still." Not only can He calm the physical storms around us, he calms the storm in our private lives. In his word is all the peace and comfort we need. He says, "do not be troubled, neither afraid." He is our watchman--our gaurd.

Pray Today:
Jesus, you are my peace. I look to you and my heart grows calm. Like a dove, you fall upon me and grant me inward solace. You are pure, white and clean. You walk on the raging water and lift me out of the pit of fear. May I always look to you in times of choas and joy. You are my peace, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment