Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Scripture Yoga

I ran across this book today on Amazon.com. I am a Christian that regularly practices yoga and have been doing so for a few years. It always bothered me that yoga is centered in New Age philosophy. However, when I practice it, I find that if you don't think of it as an "enlightenment" practice but as a way to better your body and focus your mind on things that matter in life, it actually destresses and relieves the body of built up tension.

 In this book, the author combines yoga flow series with psalms in the Bible. It's like a morning meditation for Christians. Instead of chanting, "I am one with the planet." This book teaches you to recite encouraing biblical truths like, "Oh Lord, source of my being. Your majesty fills the earth."

If you are a yoga practicing Chrsitian, I would highly recommend this book. What a beautiful way to start each morning in movement for the Father of All.

No comments:

Post a Comment