Saturday, March 20, 2010

Life as a Canvas

I love this painting. Recently, I have started to think of my life as a canvas. It’s actually alarming to note the comparisons of life and a blank canvas. We are born into this world with nothing. We are an unwritten story, an unpainted picture. Our skin is fragile like the canvas. Life is fleeting and delicate. We are only given ONE life here on earth to live. So, needless to say, what we paint on our canvas reflects our hearts and determines our future…


Now, there are different types of painters. Monet painted in pastels—soft colors with serene scenes. Van Gogh painted in unique brush strokes. He used bold colors and made an intrepid statement. Picasso saw the world through distinctive eyes. He created a picture of conceptual vision and unusual interpretation. God has given each of us a paintbrush…and whispered, “My Child, paint a picture to bring glory to me.” I think it is beautiful to look at this little girl and imagine the struggle and effort it took her to rip through her canvas and begin to paint a masterpiece.


Do you wonder what she is painting? The idea that is echoing in her mind and running through her fingers? I can tell you…it will be unique. Just like everyone has a different face, our painting will never be the same. A separate vision has been given to each of God’s children. He is waiting for us to commit the time and patience it takes to complete a masterpiece. Will you take up the charge to paint your canvas? Will you create a priceless work of art through your life? God has given you the tools and endless colors of paint. Paint sweet child, your master is waiting to say, “Well done. Beautiful work. You have pleased me!”

-Kimberly Willingham


"I dream of painting, and then, I paint my dream." -Vincent van Gogh


Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures. -Henry Ward Beecher


Psalm 139:13
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Your works are wonderful. I know that full well.

No comments:

Post a Comment