Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 1: Defend

To drive danger or attack away from 

      Can you picture it? A knight dressed in full armor with a sword in one hand and a torch in the other. He stands guard in front of a castle—the castle you sleep soundly inside. Winds blow violently against the stone fortress. Dragons with fire breath soar over head. But, you are safe because there is a statuesque defender stationed right outside the castle walls. 

God is our defender. He is the warrior that runs ahead in battle and plunges the first sword into the enemy. He will defend his children from evil. He will shield his followers from ultimate despair. Praise the Lord of hosts! He stands guard and protects his people! 

Oh Great Defender, 

Thank you for shielding me from evil. You always listen to my cries and go before me. You have won the battle, God. I will shout for victory! My defender is the King of Kings! Your beauty, bravery and love, God, have truly conquered all! 

In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Isaiah 37:35
I will defend this city and save it, for my sake and for the sake of David my servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment