Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 3: Awe

an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, fear, etc., produced by that which is grand, sublime, extremely powerful, or the like: in awe of god; in awe of great political figures.

God leaves me speechless. His wonders fills my heart with wonder. Looking at creation, I see his handiwork. He covered the birds with warm feathers, breathed air into the whales under the sea - he put an armor on the turtle to make up for his speed. God's wonders make me weak at the knees. 

His power has been present from the beginning of time. His awesome provision only grows stronger as we commit our ways unto the Lord. Every morning his mercies are new. Each morning I should desire to say, God you are awesome. Today, I long to walk and work through you. 

Maker of All, 

You are awesome. I marvel at your wonders. Creation sings of your majesty, God. The rocks and mountains cry out in astonishment. You have carved the caverns and breathed life into all. With hands like mighty tree trunks, you have blocked evil from our lives. Thank you, Lord. May your goodness endure forever! 

In Jesus' Name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment