Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 4: Mighty

Having or showing great power, skill, strength, or force:

One of my favorites songs has a line in it which states, "God, you are MIGHTY to save." When thinking on the word "might" I envision a boulder. Gray and thick in appearance, this rock cannot be moved. It sits on a hillside or mountain top. Hikers can rest against it, climb on top of it or stand on the surface and it remains unaltered. 

God is this boulder. He is the Rock that cannot be shaken, unearthed or exhumed. He is MIGHTY-full of strength and physical power. His hand heals the sick and his voice calms the seas. He is the resting place for his children. He beckons us to lean on him. He eases our troubles and allows up to place our burdens on him. 

Father, 

You are the MIGHTY Rock. I lean on you when storm clouds in circle and when sunshine lights my face. You are the one that gives me strength and power. You enable my feet to dance, climb and stand firm. God, your might assures me that you will always be there for me. Your presence brings power and your whispers true peace! 

In Jesus' Name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment