Saturday, October 1, 2011

Southern Belles


Southern Belle Barbie

I fell in LOVE with this article in Garden and Gun yesterday. A friend of mine sent this to me – via gchat of all things. He is from CA and has always raved about Southern women. After reading this little piece, I am more than proud to call myself a Southern Belle. To a T this is how my Mama raised me. 

“…being Southern means handwritten thank-you notes, using a rhino horn’s worth of salt in every recipe, and spending a minimum of twenty minutes a day in front of her makeup mirror so she can examine her beauty in “office,” “outdoor,” and “evening” illumination. It also means never leaving the house with wet hair. Not even in the case of fire. Because wet hair is low-rent. It shows you don’t care, and not caring is not something Southern women do, at least when it comes to our hair.” 

Read the FULL article here: Garden and Gun

No comments:

Post a Comment